|Type Of Site||Instant Messaging, VoIP|
|Available In||Multiple Languages|
|Released On||January 2009|
|Compatible Platforms||IOS, Android, Windows, KaiOS, MacOS|
|Supported Devices||Phone, Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Web|
|Derivatives Of Whatsapp||Opus
|Offered By||WhatsApp Inc.|
WhatsApp Messenger Application
How WhatsApp App Works:
- The WhatsApp is the initial application that launched with high end-to-end encryption, where the users can maintain their chats privacy.
- In this digital developing world this application playing on the key role to pass any kind of information just in a couple of minutes.
- This belongs to the social media platform where everyone can access and use just by registering with name and mobile number, the difference between the WhatsApp with other applications is unless and until your share number, no one couldn’t access with you.Which means it maintains with high-security facilities.
Reason to use:
- The features are developed in such way that every corner of the needy can be used starting from the chats, sending and receiving the photos/files/media, audio, and video calls, updating status for the duration for 30 minutes, documents sharing, contact transfer, money transfer and also including with live location sharing.
- If you have WhatsApp to your mobile it will help in 4 corners of your based purpose.
With the WhatsApp, you have plenty of applications and features to experience.
- If at all a contact is giving disturbance to your account you also provide with best solutions, either choose the option called Mute that contact or select that contact and by taking help with settings drag to the Block list. Then you can never get any message or any other source form that contact.
- Also have the option called delete everyone, if in case you send an incorrect message or to the incorrect contact you can easily delete that message by clicking on the delete everyone button.
Whatsapp is a voice over IP service that is found in the year 2009 by Brain Acton and Jan Koum which is owned by Facebook. The founders wanted the name of the app to sound like wat’s up. It allows users to send text messages, voice messages, share images and videos, user locations, documents.
A standalone business app is released that targets small business owners called WhatsApp business which allows the companies to connect with the customers who use standard WhatsApp client. By 2015 WhatsApp has become the most popular messaging application.
Whatsapp is made available for PCs in 2015 through web clients under WhatsApp web. This supports the entire desktop browsers except for internet explorer. All of the messages still live on your phone. By January 21, 2015, the desktop version is available for android, blackberry, windows phone users. Later it supports iOS, Nokia series 40, Nokia S60. A WhatsApp time is developed as an official derivate which is a standard Win32 application that supports notifications in the Windows notification area.
Whatsapp uses extensible messaging and presence protocol(XMPP) for the customized version. Whatsapp automatically compares the phone numbers from the device address book with a central database of the WhatsApp users to add contacts to the user’s WhatsApp contact list.
Features Of Whatsapp Application:
The following are the features that are provided by the WhatsApp application. The following is a list of features that are offered.
Voice call: This is a feature that is introduced in WhatsApp that helped to attract different types of users. By using this voice calling feature all the users can make voice calls and also group voice calls. Both the users can be in a call until there is an internet connection as a medium. Whatsapp uses a voice codec called Opus that makes use of modified discrete cosine transform and linear predictive coding and audio compression algorithms.
Video calling: This is a feature that is recently added to the WhatsApp application. By using this features group video call is also allowed. It also provides quality for the video call that is equal to that of the Google duo but it requires internet connection.
Deleting messages: This feature allows the users to delete the sent messages within 7 minutes. All the multimedia messages are sent by uploading the image, audio, video to the HTTP server and then will send a link to the content along with the base64 encoded thumbnail to the HTTP server. WhatsApp follows the store and forward mechanism while exchanging the messages between the sender and receiver. When the user sends the messages it will be first stored in WhatsApp server if the sender acknowledges the server to remove the message it will disable the message to the receiver.
End-to-end encryption: Watsapp follows end-to-end encryption by incorporating the encryption protocol into each WhatsApp client platform.
Whatsapp Payments: Watsapp has a feature of peer-to-peer transfer feature that is available in India. In 2017, Whastapp receiver permission from the national payments corporation of India for the partnership with different banks. Unified payments interface is used to transfer money for in-app payments. This allows account-to-account transfers from mobile apps without sending information to the beneficiary bank.