Viber is a calling and messaging app that connects people- no matter who they are, or where they are from. With a free and secure connection, over 1 billion users worldwide communicate with their loved ones through high- quality audio and video calls, messaging, and much more.
All Viber calls and chat are protected by built-in end-to-end encryption, so you can be sure that your conversations are always secure.
Viber App Features
- Enable Smart Notifications:
Be default, you will keep on receiving every single notification sent to you by your friend, even if that person sent to you by your friend, even if that person sent them consecutively.
- Switch Between Conversations Quickly:
Instead of going to the app’s main page every single time you want to switch chat rooms, there’s a better way to do that.
Enter any chat room of your previous conversations, and swipe to the right of your device screen.
- Block and unblock Mobile contact Numbers On Viber:
Viber that you would rather not have contacting you, you can just add them to the block list. Those that are in your block list will not be able to have a one-on-one conversation with you or call you using Viber.
- Hide Seen and Online Status:
Sometimes, you don’t want people to want to see when you are ‘Online’ or if others have ‘seen’ your message. You can disable these features to give you a little bit more privacy.
- Turn off Notifications:
There’s a certain time of the day that you want to make sure you don’t receive any notifications from Viber. Especially when you are at work. Well, all you need to do is turn off notifications from within the Viber app and you are good to go.
- Turn Off Light Screen For Messages:
If you don’t like having your Android device screen turning on every single time you receive a new Viber notification, you can disable it, that way any new incoming messages will no longer light up your device screen automatically.
- Delete Messages in a Conversation:
If the users don’t want certain messages you or your friend have sent in a conversation, you can have them erased from the chat room. But this will only work on the users- side where, whatever messages you have deleted will only be deleted on your device, as it will still appear on your friend’s device.
- Change Wi-Fi sleep Policy:
If you prefer it to follow the default sleep policy your device is set.
- Doodle on any Photo:
Whether you receive it from your friends on Viber or if it’s a snapshot taken using your Smartphone camera, you can still use the Viber Doodle feature on those photos.
- Access Conversations Gallery:
If you want to look for those photos and videos without going through your chat history, there’s a conversation Gallery that lets you especially go through the photos and videos shared between you and your friends.
Pros and Cons
- It has tighter integration with the phone, including a full view of your phone’s call log from within the app.
- No need to register with usernames and passwords
- Unlimited free voice calls and text messages to the Viber users.
- Group text messages
- Big user base, with a couple hundred million users.
- Cheap calling to landline and mobile numbers.
- Popularity decreasing
- Relatively poorer quality than other applications
It does not offer secure and private communication.