Typing for a long time using your smartphone is really awkward and tiring. But if you have to do that for any reason whatsoever you need to think of something else than the default keyboard that comes equipped with your smartphone. Fortunately there are many keyboard apps in the market that can help you in this regard. SwiftKey is one of such apps.
- Emoji Prediction: SwiftKey utilizes an advanced prediction system that helps it suggest proper emoji from a collection of 800 emojis (the number is pretty impressing). The function is triggered proactively as the user enters specific words or phrases while typing. The feature can be disabled from settings if not required. But probably you won’t do that.
- Additional Panel for Number Keys: Smartphone users while typing often face the difficulty of toggling between alphabets and numbers. At least I find it truly irritating. To overcome this SwiftKey has introduced an additional keypad row to be accessed directly without having to move between numbers and alphabets. This is really cool.
- SwiftKey Cloud: By the help of the SwiftKey Cloud users will be able to sync their own typing profile on the cloud and thus benefit from a seamless typing experience throughout all devices. This eliminates the necessity for teaching the keyboards incorporated in different devices. And I am really benefited by that.
- Multi-lingual: In addition to English SwiftKey supports a number of regional languages such as Tamil, Bengali, Telegu, Gujrati as well as Hindi. And I heard that more languages are to be added very soon. This is indeed beneficial for the regional speakers like me.
- Additional Features: Besides the above mentioned key features there are some extra features such as voice input, smart prediction, auto-correct, easy swipe, enhanced flow trait and more.
SwiftKey is extremely user friendly and addresses many different issues which we face while typing on a smartphone. It also offers multiple layouts to cater to different user preference.
I have carefully noticed that the app consumes considerable amount of RAM usage and this is no doubt a demerit in terms of system impact.
By virtue of some efficient features such as additional number panel, cloud syncing and emoji prediction SwiftKey has attracted a lot of attention from the keyboard app users. If you are not contented with the default keyboard in your smartphone you can really give it a try. It is indeed one of the best keyboard apps presently available in the app market. And as I have found it has become even better after its latest update.