Kaspersky Free Antivirus Software Review
Introduction: Kaspersky Antivirus is developed by Kaspersky Lab, a leading multinational cyber-security company based in Russia. The company holds its position among the world’s top five anti-virus sellers in terms of revenue. Kaspersky Free Antivirus is primarily designed for offering protection against different malware. But practically it serves much more than that.
- Top Malware Destroyer: Kaspersky Free Antivirus provides one of the best malware protection when compared with other free security software. The signature matching mechanism works hand in hand with a behavioral monitoring system to ensure the detection of every potential threat.
- Total Protection: It is often found that a free anti-virus program offers protection only from malware. But that is not the case with Kaspersky Free Antivirus. It provides total protection against malware, phishing sites, threats from mail attachments and even more. In a sentence, it is a complete security solution for your system.
- Faster Total Scan: Kaspersky really consumes lesser time to culminate a total scan if you compare it side by side with some of its competitors.
- User-friendly Interface: Kaspersky has created a very easy to use interface for the users who are not habituated with multiple and messy customizing options. The installation and the initial set up procedures are also kept very simple as compared to that of others.
- Additional Features: Kaspersky Free Antivirus is endowed with a number of bonus features such as gaming mode, USB scanner, on-screen keyboard, Rescue disk, mail attachment scanner, etc.
There cannot be any doubt with regards to malware detection ability of Kaspersky Free Antivirus. It uses a very efficient scanning engine with a view to rooting out each and every malware it comes across. Though it creates a little bit of impact on the system performance the amount of that impact does not exceed our zone of tolerance. It also sends fewer false positives.
In case your system is already affected Kaspersky Free Antivirus can handle it very effectively. First, it finds eliminates the threat and then heals the system from the damage it had received from the threat. As a result, the system becomes once again steady and problem-free as it was before. Despite being a free security software Kaspersky does this job very effectively.
The downsides of Kaspersky Free Antivirus are quite negligible as compared to its merits. The only demerit, if it at all can be called a demerit, is its impact on the system. Although its amount is almost negligible still some believe this as a downside of Kaspersky Free Antivirus.
Kaspersky Free Antivirus is indeed bundled with useful features and benefits. Once installed the user needs not at all be worried about any malware and phishing threats whatsoever. It has scarcely any downside so as to say. It is certainly one of the best choices when it comes to selecting the most efficient free anti-virus software from the clutter.
Operating System Compatibility – Windows XP to Windows 10.
Free Space Requirement – At least 2 GB or more.
RAM – 512 or above.