Instagram was designed to capitalize on the ever-improving technology crossover between photography and smartphones. In this mobile or Digital generation devices focus on their built-in camera functions as a key selling point, mostly due to the increasing photo and short video-led world of social sharing.Sponsored Links:
This application is an essential camera smartphone app with a social community built behind it for sharing images. The app was purchased its creators in 7 years back from then none other than the world’s leading social media network.
Instagram allows users to edit and upload photos and short videos through a mobile app. Users can add a caption to each of their posts and use hashtags and location-based geotags to index these posts and make them searchable by other users within the app.
The photo-sharing app offers companies the opportunity to start a free business account to promote their brand and products. Companies with business accounts have access to free engagement and impression metrics.
In Instagram View, more than 1 million advertisers worldwide use Instagram to share their stories and drive business results. Additionally, 60% of people say they discover new products through the app.
Use of Instagram:
- Health, beauty, and fashion are dominant categories within Instagram but travel and food are also very popular.
- The users or followers can get together via comments or likes and the platform produces over 10,000 engagements every second.
- The platform is estimated to receive over 100 million new image uploads per day.
- Over 60% of users log daily, making the platform second only to Facebook in terms of engagement.
- It has over a billion users worldwide.
- Instagram is the fastest growing social media platform in the world at present.
- This application gas a very personal connection with its users, it’s often said to be a highly motivational and inspiring platform within personal discovery is seamlessly promoted.
- Some Instagram users have earned celebrity status similar to that enjoyed by YouTube Vloggers portraying showing just how powerful the platform can be it’s worth including in social media marketing plan.
Start with Instagram:
The Instagram app is available for download on Apple’s iPhone, iPad, and other iOS devices through the App Store, and on Android devices through Google Play.
Getting starting is simple, Download the app to your smartphone or tablet:
- Create a user name and password.
- Fill in your profile information, being sure to include a link to your website in the bio.
- Use the magnifying glass icon to discover brands and users with similar interests to use own and that of brand’s consumers.
- The user can start uploading the images to Instagram Profile right way. Be sure to include a caption and relevant tags.
- The user had the facility like other posts by tapping the Heart Icon.
Benefits of Instagram:
Consumers are increasing Every day:
The growing network of Instagram actually helps brands and retailers leverage visuals to better describe and detail their products. And as the network increases, shoppers understand that Instagram can be a reliable source for more product information and visuals.
Easy to target:
If the user familiar with Facebook advertising will understand the power and depths available to reach the audience. It also offers automated targeting, giving a head start in creating an audience that might be interested in the brand.
It gives marketers a glance at how their business is being done on the platform. Analytics can track traffic to the page, website clicks, reach, and even overall impressions.
It is an option for users with a business profile. In case needed yet another platform to advertise products and services is made easy to the professional purpose.
Links in Stories:
Once, only available foe verified Instagram accounts, is another great way to drive traffic to site right from user business profile.
- At present, the only way to generate clicks and traffic to other online assets via Instagram is a single link from your accounts home page. Producing compelling content and earning followers will ultimately raise the brans profile and aid in awareness driving for new products.
Make Live Video As a Story:
Live videos will take a bit challenging and courage, as recent times many users are interested in jumping to live. Whether the user wants to share a talk on an event with a user audience can strong up the bond little more.
Download Stories and Republish them:
The user can download the entire event story and watch it play out over on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter page, or on own blogger page or attach it in a private message.
This feature takes to another new level, gives a beautiful experience:
- Choose a photo, select the drawing tool and filter with your favorite color.
- Wait for few seconds to flood the screen with bold color.
- The fun part starts when tapping the eraser icon and reveal parts of the photo.
This feature was to give more fun and excitement to have stories for Instagram users.
Just like tapping the ball to the ground and receiving it back in few seconds. To experience the moral of the example then go to Instagram and tap on the Rewind button and see the magic happening.
Capture a photo or video, tap on the smiley-face icon in the right corner, and use the same method by selecting to add a sticker to the selected photo. Click on camera icon in the magic folder and take a selfie and place selfie sticker wherever you want.
It allows us to save posts to personal collections, a kind of Pinterest, can create a bunch of photo albums, each segregated to a different topic or can store them all in one collection. Tap on the Bookmark icon under the post and save directly to one of the collections.
The archived post can be seen only by the user.
Allowed to restore at any time.
Archives include with likes and comments.
Pros and Cons:
More Visual Medium- A large number of amazing filters makes it an even more beautiful experience.
Effective promotion- This application serves as an important platform for social media marketing.
More Appealing Interface- This platform allows users to organize profiles in a very efficient manner.
Good for travelers- The geo-tagging feature works smoothly, allowing us to add the location of the pictures.
Strict privacy- No way to bypass privacy settings.
Effective Features- Apart from photo sharing, filters, sharing live and streaming videos additional functionalities through other apps like Boomerang and photo grid.
Overwhelming Advertisements- Instagram is a place where ae bombarded with too many ads or sponsored posts.
Creates the Need for a Fake Life- This created a craving in everyone’s heart to become famous.
Technical Drawbacks- The platform is optimized only for the app, hence its web-version is terrible.
Addictive- A huge number of people spend their precious hours with this application.
About advanced Features- This application slowly rolling out the same features of the app on its official website, but cannot expect all the features on the web soon.
Instagram App Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.instagram.android&hl
Instagram App IOS store link: https://apps.apple.com/in/app/instagram/id389801252