FaceApp was First released in 2017, the Smartphone app uses a filter to digitally age an image of your face by 40 years or so, adding wrinkles, eye bags, grey hair, and a vague look of regret behind the eyes. Thousands of social media users have uploaded their image to the app and shared the results, from Miley Cyrus and Ludacris to Gordon Ramsey and the Jonas Brothers.
FaceApp and the face app challenge have taken over social media feeds once again, for some inexplicable reason, but this time around punters are having concerns over the true intentions of the app.
However, its sudden resurgence in popularity has been some people flag up concerns over data security and privacy. Using the app entails agreeing to a lengthy “terms and conditions” page and handing over bucket loads. Most notably, the app appears to have access to your camera roll, despite the app not having permission to do so.
FaceApp performs most of the photo processing in the cloud. We only upload a photo selected by a user for editing. The administration will never transfer any other images from the phone to the cloud.
Features Of FaceApp:
- The FaceApp terms allow the company to do effectively what they like with photos of their users, which is concerning but is fairly typical. Companies know that almost nobody reads privacy policies and so they ask many rights as possible, just in case, it becomes useful, even if their current plans don’t need them.
- There are multiple options to manipulate the photo uploaded such as editor options of adding an impression, make-up, smiles, hair colors, hairstyles, glasses, age of bread. Filters lens blur and backgrounds along with overlays, tattoos, and vignettes are also a part of the app.
- The gender change transformations of FaceApp have attracted particular interest from the LGBT and transgender communities, due to their ability to realistically simulate the appearance of a person as the opposite gender.
- When the user launches it on both Android and iPhone it will take time to fill the permission to access your camera and your image gallery, so the user needs to approve the permissions.
- When you shoot a photo or select one from the gallery, it takes a few seconds to process the data and then takes you to the editing view where the magic happens.
- Along the bottom of the screen, the user can see the different options like age, then old and wait for few seconds as it processes the image, and then turns you into an old woman or old man.
- To save it hit on apply and then hit the little download arrow in the top corner to save it to your phone and share it on social media.
- Her comes to a serious Note one part of the app making the headlines in not such a positive and fun way, part of the app privacy terms and essentially means you are agreeing for FaceApp to use your photos anyway it wants to.
- Whether that’s promotional material or otherwise, without being compensated. So just be sure to read through the terms before you sign up and give the app access to your photos.
Pros Of FaceApp:
- The user become happy when you see yourself after a few years in such a handsome/ beautiful look
- You can post your old age pica on social media to get some temporary pleasure and warming comments.
Cons Of FaceApp App:
- Your privacy might be at risk
- You are following the world while forgetting your own identity.
Google Play store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.faceapp&hl=en_IN
IOS app store link: https://apps.apple.com/in/app/faceapp-ai-face-editor/id1180884341
FaceApp App Review